Goodman Networks, Inc. Trainer II - Future Opportunity in Frisco, Texas
Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality serviceinstallations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
_Job Summary:_ The Technical Trainer II will be primarily responsible for providing in-house and customer-site training on existing and future competencies/products. Scope of training may include TV satellite installation, home security products, telecom technician, engineer, and construction for maintenance as well as user training in-house personnel. Stay current with customer and business telecom technical knowledge and provide input or suggestions for editing existing manuals and presentations.
As a Technical Trainer, you must have a solid background in instructional delivery, be able to explain technical concepts clearly, be able to adapt material to audience needs, be responsive to questions and concerns, and continuously evaluate program effectiveness.
- Work with your larger Human Resources team to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to deliver business results.
- Serve as a training content developer / instructional designer.
- Develop telecom training content that reflects end-to-end processes
- Content to include resources for instructor-led and online courses, job aids, and online help.
- Meet with subject matter experts to understand the solution and develop content for training.
- Partner with Talent Management Team on content development, however, must have enough experience to work independently.
- Train telecom technical team on technical delivery and Goodman Ways of working.
- Host hands on training sessions using mock site (home simulations, training cell site, Antenna, etc.)
- Provide Quality training.
- Ensure that all project based resources are competent and familiar with project standards and processes that adhere to quality
- Assess the trainee for job readiness in new hire situations
- Maintain training schedule as required by the needs of the business
- Other duties/projects as assigned by Goodman Networks. Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
_Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:_ * 3-5 years related experience in telecom technical training/teaching experience, preferably with satellite TV, home security and cellular * BA/BS degree in Instructional Systems Design, Education, Training/Curriculum Development or related field * Courseware development experience * Experience in technical writing, training development and instructional design * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills * Excellent oral and written skills * Detail oriented. * Ability to prioritize and multi-task * Knowledge of learning/organizational development process and procedures * Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information * Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint, Articulate, and Sum Total * Must be able to work the required hours for the position, including travel * Prefer telecom technical certifications _Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:_ * Focus on delivering business results * Strong foundation in adult learning theory and authoring protocols * Strong needs analysis and the ability to ask the right questions to understand core learning needs as it relates to task, audience, environment, and content * Strong general business acumen, particularly as it relates to documentation, learning and development * Knowledge and application of the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement & Evaluate) process * Ability to develop learning objectives in clear and measurable terms that tie directly to content and assessments * Ability to prioritize and work independently in a high-volume fast paced environment * Strong organizational skills and attention to detail * Ability to develop and manage relationships in a professional manner with all organizational levels and client/customer base * Ability to work in a team environment * Ability to handle multiple change requests * Must be adept at training and comfortable presenting to large groups _Working Conditions:_
- Internal office environment withmoderate noiselevel.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Office skills and activities including typing, answering phone, copying, etc.
Job: *Human Resources
Title: Trainer II - Future Opportunity
Requisition ID: 18000142