HARRIS COUNTY Teacher in Houston, Texas
Develops and implements lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepares lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Presents subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Works cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curriculum as needed according to guidelines established in the Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Creates classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manages student behavior in accordance with the Education Services Division policy and procedures, student manual, and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD) standards.
Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on staff committees as required. Position will require working with dangerous/aggressive youths; should possess a high tolerance for working in an emotionally demanding/stressful work environment. Requirements
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university; *and*
- A valid Texas teaching certification in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Social Studies, or related subject area; OR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; *and*
- One (1) year of full-time teaching experience in an Accredited K-12 school working in grades six (6) or higher; OR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least twenty-four (24) college credit hours in Math, Physical Science, or Social Studies; *and*
- One (1) year of full-time paid experience working with at-risk youth.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and possess and maintain liability insurance in at least the minimum amounts required by law.
- Every employee is subject to random testing for drug and alcohol or if there is a reasonable suspicion to believe that the employee is under the influence of a substance prohibited by this policy while in the course and scope of employment.
- All new employees are required to undergo and pass a physical examination administered by the Department Approved Contract Physician. At the time of the physical, applicants must present evidence of a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. In the event of a positive test, the applicant will be required to provide additional documentation.
- Upon receiving a conditional job offer, every applicant undergoes a criminal background check, drug screening, an achievement test, and psychological and physical examinations.
- If public emergency is declared by county, staff could be assigned to other duties and/or facilities and/or under the supervision of another county department.
Certified copies of transcripts of educational credentials and/or college credits will be required during hiring process.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume"* will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Teacher certification.
- At least one (1) year of teaching or approved internship, and experience with at-risk youth. General Information
- Various - Downtown, Clear Lake, Katy and Bellaire
- 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. / Monday - Friday
- Commensurate With Experience and Education
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
"DUE TO THE VERY HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE HARRIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION DEPARTMENT. "
Juvenile Probation Department Human Resources
Salary: $34,026.00 - $55,654.00 Annually
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Grant-funded Full-time
Department: Juvenile Probation Department
Job Number: 02876
Closing: 5/11/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002