HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Educator (RN) Emergency Room in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center__–__Kingwood, Texas_
_Clinical Educator (RN) – Emergency Room_ _ _ The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
- State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
- Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
- Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
- Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently looking for aClinical Educator (RN) –Emergency Room.
_Responsibilities:_ * Facilitates orientation activities for Emergency Department with assistance from Nurse Supervisors and unit preceptors. * Coordinates and facilitates graduate nurse & residency program. * Provides training and continuing education programs for Emergency Department, involving other health disciplines, including the Medical Staff, in programs when applicable. * Acts as a consultant to and works with Nurse Director in development of unit philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures. * Reviews new patient management technology and special equipment and keeps staff current. * Develops/maintains library of resources for staff of the Emergency Department. * Facilitates and coordinates hospital ACLS training, including ACLS prep training and Code Blue Training. * Provides Basic EKG and Dysrhythmia Recognition Courses as needed. * Provides Advanced EKG courses as needed. * Coordinates training and competence assessment of emergency department staff in essential Emergency Nursing skills and other identified areas, according to established policy. * Maintains current status as a CPR Instructor and teaches CPR. * Provides support to the facilitation of Education Department functions such as satellite based education system, CPR, nursing orientation, CME activities, ongoing needs assessments, and any other facility educational activities, as needed. * Provides support to and works with the Director of Education/Staff Development in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating continuing nursing education (CNE) activities. * Participates in Education Department and critical care areas Process Improvement activities. * Participates in the development, coordination and maintenance of the Code Blue Team, Crash Cart Committee, along with Code Stemi and Code Neuro activities. * Attends ER/Critical Care committee meetings as indicated. * Communicates, records, and reports activities, on a regular basis. * Coordinates other critical care related training hospital wide. * Shares and promotes the hospital’s Mission, Vision, and Values: supports the Ethics & Compliance Program. * Completes other projects as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Three or more years recent ER clinical experience as an RN preferred
- One or more years experience in education/training of emergency department nursing staff preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association required, Instructor certification preferred
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association required, Instructor certification preferred
- Current PALS from the American Heart Association within 180 days of hire
- Current TNCC and ENPC preferred
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Clinical Educator (RN) Emergency Room
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-88315