St. Joseph Health Diabetes Educator - Plainview, TX in Plainview, Texas
An experienced Registered Nurse. Diabetes Educator with skills and knowledge who utilizes the nursing process to provide direct and indirect patient/participant diabetes education. Responsible for program planning, implementation, and evaluation. Educator and resource person to patients and staff. Works independently with little supervision.
- Acts as liaison among program staff, advisory committee, and the administration of the institution.
- Provides and/or coordinates the orientation and continuing education for the professional program staff.
- Participates in the evaluation of content, teaching methods, and performance of all instructions and resource personnel.
- Participates in the planning and review of the program’s budget.
- Participates in the preparation of the program’s budget.
- Evaluates program’s effectiveness.
- Serves as chair for the advisory committee.
- Planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Certified Diabetes and Wellness entity/program with onsite supervisionat all sites and ensures that standards are maintained at all sites. 9.Provide assessment, teaching and follow-up instruction to program participants. 10.Schedule and coordinate Wellness Screenings including orientation, health risk assessments and testing. 11.Offer individual and group counseling sessions for Wellness and Diabetes Support Groups. 12.Design new educational topics annually. 13.Facilitate positive working relationships that enhance the appreciation of Covenant Health System. 14.Provide Community Health Benefits Reports on a monthly basis.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: RN required. BSN must be obtained within 5 years of hire. Experience: 1 year clinical nursing experience and/or diabetes education preferred. License / Certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) from National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators to be completed within 2 years of employment
Covenant Health System is a faith-based ministry, focused on caring for the whole person - body, mind, and spirit - working with others to improve health and quality of life in our communities.Thank you for applying with CHS. Your application will carefully be reviewed for the position(s) you have applied for. Please continue to seek career opportunities with us by visiting our web site at www.covenanthealth.org. Your interest in Covenant Health System is appreciated.Covenant Health System provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant Health System complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.