HARRIS COUNTY GED Teacher in Seabrook, Texas
Develops and implements GED lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepares lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Presents subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas education agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Works cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curriculum as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Creates classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manages student behavior in accordance with education services division policy and procedures, student manual, and TJPC standards.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Communicates and interacts appropriately with others and maintains professional behavior at all times.
- Performs special duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Chief Juvenile Probation Officer or representative.
Any or all parts of the job description may be changed by the administration at any time in accordance with the needs of the department. Position will require working with dangerous/aggressive youths; should possess a high tolerance for working in an emotionally demanding/stressful work environment. Requirements
Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college.
- Knowledge of General Equivalency Development (GED) instructional requirements.
- A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and possess/maintain liability insurance in at least the minimum amounts required by law.
- Every employee is subject to random testing for drug and alcohol or if there is a reasonable suspicion to believe that the employee is under the influence of a substance prohibited by this policy while in the course and scope of employment.
- All new employees are required to undergo and pass a physical examination administered by the Department Approved Contract Physician. At the time of the physical, applicants must present evidence of a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. In the event of a positive test, the applicant will be required to provide additional documentation.
- Upon receiving a conditional job offer, every applicant is tested for the presence of drugs
- If public emergency is declared by county, staff could be assigned to other duties and/or facilities and/or under the supervision of another county department.
Certified copies of transcripts of educational credentials and/or college credits will be required during hiring process.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume"* will not be accepted for qualifications. Preferences
- At least one year of student teaching or approved internship preferred. General Information
- Education Services - Youth Village
210 JW Mills Rd, Seabrook, TX *HOURS: *
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. / Monday - Friday SALARY:
Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Commensurate with education and experience.
*Subject to random testing for drug and alcohol. *
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE HARRIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION DEPARTMENT.
Juvenile Probation Department Human Resources
Salary: $34,026.00 - $49,950.00 Annually
Location: Seabrook, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02799
Department: Juvenile Probation Department
Closing: 4/7/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002