Ingersoll Rand Operational Excellence Sr Change Agent/TLDP Trainer in TYLER, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary：Lead the Lean Transformation culture change through the training, coaching and development of selected leadership development participants at all levels of the value stream to model lean behaviors and follow the principles and practices of Operational Excellence.
The Operational Excellent Site Trainer will partner with Value Stream leadership teams to transform leaders to a culture of continuous improvement and problem solving. Enable the customer value proposition through effective delivery and coaching of training programs.
Provide training, coaching and development to the participants in leadership development programs to enable understanding and effective execution of business goals and objectives. This includes but is not limited to the IR business operating system, lean concepts, effective application of leadership and tactical skills.
Planning / Administration
- Maintain appropriate planning and lead time with all key stakeholders to ensure timeliness of program delivery
- Partnership with local leadership teams to plan and effectively deliver all activities associated with classroom curriculums
- Prepare for multiple learning curriculums so as to deliver world class programs to participants
- Arrange for on-the-job (Gemba) learning activities in advance of course delivery to ensure participants get hands-on experience and understanding of the training objectives and materials
- Schedule and ensure weekly Coaching / Mentoring / Development sessions with all key stakeholders on an ongoing basis throughout the training program and for 90 days post course delivery
- Administer weekly surveys to collect feedback on course materials and submit to IRU Deployment
- Conduct post course assessment of strengths and opportunities
- Coordinate / communicate with Enterprise Master Trainer
- Coordinate trainers for specific certification courses with IRU Deployment team to ensure smooth programming
- High level of energy and enthusiasm leading a multi-module program over extended periods of time. Critical to maintain positive focus and results across a diverse group of participants with various levels of skill and ability.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess, coach and develop individuals throughout the classroom experience to ensure all participants gain the appropriate …..
- World class delivery
- Develop a culture of process discipline around employees following standard work.
- Work with students to develop knowledge and understanding of how to document standard work, remove waste, balance the line, achieve takt time, meet daily work requirements, document job breakdown structures, develop employees, and create a positive work environment that engages the workforce.
- Work with the leadership team to develop, coach and mentor participants
- Work across the value stream leadership team to educate the workforce on a lean transformation approach to solve every day business problems and JDI’s which will lead to achievement of future state targets and ensure the VSA A3 box 8 equals box 3 by the expiration target of the A3.
- Teach students how to provide key deliverables in the areas of first time quality, cycle time reduction, cost reduction, waste elimination, increased capacity and improved efficiency.
- Work with IRU to develop and deliver programs to teach the workforce on lean manufacturing tools & concepts: problem solving, A3 management, leader as coach, VS mapping, VA/NVA analysis, standardization, Kaizen, visual factory, error proofing, and 5S.
- Work with OpEx team to ensure preparedness and partnership in achieving business goals and objectives.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to participants in the classroom
- Maintain a positive learning environment, address “willingness and ability” issues as well as “behavior” issues
- Delivery of weekly coaching feedback with each individual
- Coordinate mentoring schedule with participant and business leaders
- Provide weekly ranking of students and identify students at risk
- Conduct regular progress / communication sessions with plant leadership team
- Maintain coaching of individuals during 90 days post program to ensure achieving expected business results
Tracking and Measuring Progress
- Conduct evaluations of each individual at the 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day post course timeframe
- Partner with students direct leader on developmental action plans
- Track business results of the cohort to ensure meeting / exceeding expected business results
- Partner with students direct leader to conduct interventions to remediate performance gaps
Willingness to become certified in Ingersoll Rand’s standards for certified trainer in multiple modules including, but not limited to, 9-step problem solving, leadership essentials, lean concepts.
• Implement tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision.
• Support & meet EHS goals. Work in a safe and efficient manner.
Percentage of Travel: Less than 15%
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5 years as a Lean Professional leading large groups
Education Standard: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Type: Engineering, Business, or related field
Demonstrated ability to integrate key business philosophies such as Path to Premier Performance, Servant Leadership, Corporate Values and coaching model.
Bachelor of Science Degree or related discipline desired (or equivalent education/training/ experience)
Proven experience leading training, operations, OPEX or lean transformations
- Minimum of 5 years of leading diverse groups of people to achieve business results
- Knowledge of personal computer applications required (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent team facilitation Skills
- Extensive Gemba based continuous improvement based tools/techniques
- Ability to mentor and facilitate lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance
- Must be viewed credibly as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
- Must be a self-motivated learner
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to energize and motivate teams
- Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
- Ability to use simple statistical and graphical tools such as pareto analysis
- Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and production
- Ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to interpret manufacturing schematics and blueprints
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TYLER-Texas
Job: Operational Excellence
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 20, 2018, 8:30:16 AM